Big Blow and the Bushwackers
Are you a Bush Leaguer?
Bush League Quiz
The Grateful Dead had the Deadheads, but Big Blow has the Bush
League: a pathetic group of people willing to travel vast distances to
see the band, and who have mysterious urges to wear weird hats and
play weirder instruments, in public.
Here's a quick quiz to find out if you qualify:
- Have you traveled more than 30 miles to see a Big Blow concert?
- Does your round-trip travel time usually exceed the duration of
- Can you name three or more instruments played by each band
- Have you seriously considered the purchase of a hat which your
"significant other" would never let you wear in public?
- Do you wear it?
- Have you attended Big Blow concerts in two or more states?
- Have you considered learning to play any of the following
instruments (one point each):
- Musical Saw
- Nose Flute
- Have you actually played one at a Big Blow concert?
- Do you think the HMT is
a vision of paradise on earth?
- What about hardware stores?
- Have you declined an invitation to a social occasion because it
would have conflicted with attending a Big Blow show?
- Can you pronounce Plehn?
If your score is 1-4, you're already under the influence, but it's
not yet hopeless. If your total was 5-8, you're a Bush Leaguer. If
you scored 9-12, you should consider listening to clasical music or
jazz periodically as an antidote. If your total was over 13, please
remember that band members and their families are not eligible to be
(My score is 12, as of March 1997)
Bush League Membership
If you qualified (all right, even if you didn't), and would like to
become an official bone fide Bush Leaguer, send a SASE to:
The Bush League
2429 Southgate Square
Reston, VA 20191-1217
You'll get your SASE back crammed to the single-stamp weight limit
with Good Stuff, some of which will entitle you to receive Cool Big
Blow Stuff at concerts.
If you'd like to be on the Bush League
E-Mailing List and receive occasional mail messages
containing insider information, please enter your name and press
Bush League Bios
Who are these Bush Leaguers? A few have been fool-, er, brave
enough to submit biographies.
Go to home,
Bush League Main Page,
© 1996, 1997 Jon Stewart-Taylor, all rights reserved.
Send comments or questions to Jon Stewart-Taylor
Last modified: Thu Feb 5 11:56:03 EST 1998